Sara is a Marriage & Family Therapy Associate in the state of Kentucky. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychobiology at Centre College followed by her master’s degree in Social Work with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy at the University of Louisville.
She strongly believes in the power of connection through human relationships. She believes that creating and holding a safe space for her clients is essential in building a trusting relationship and the foundation of healing in the therapeutic process.
Sara uses an eclectic mix of narrative, strengths-based, and structural family therapies. She’s practiced in evidence-based techniques to adjust thinking patterns so that each individual may live a life that is more fulfilling and better serves them. She is also experienced in using people’s strengths to help them do more of what is already working for them.
Along her own journey, Sara has found a passion for women’s issues. She loves helping women navigate the experience of life transitions and believes that everyone benefits when women are empowered.
Sara’s specializations include, but are not limited to:
- Fertility, pregnancy, pregnancy loss
- Matrescence (the transition into motherhood)
- Postpartum period for new and seasoned parents
- Parenthood, the parent-child relationship, and child behavior modification through emotionally-focused and responsive-based parenting perspectives
- Life transitions
- grief and loss
- Identity crises and becoming one’s authentic self
- Young adulthood
- Interpersonal relationships