We are seeking a Licensed Psychotherapist!
Northstar Counseling Center is committed to meeting our community’s mental health needs through providing counseling in Louisville, KY to individuals, couples, children and families.
The collaborative staff of Northstar seeks to meet each client’s needs creatively and compassionately. We combine a variety of approaches and techniques with a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere to skillfully address our client’s desire for change and help them meet their unique personal goals. We are experienced in evidenced based treatment models to address presenting problems such as depression, anxiety, effects of traumatic experience, mental illness, and family and relationship issues.
We serve individuals, couples, families, children and teens from all walks of life, and invite self-referrals in addition to referrals from physicians, educators and other sources within our community.
Position Description: Northstar Counseling Center LLC is seeking an independently licensed therapist as an independent contractor working in a private practice outpatient setting. Contractor will pay percentage of individually billed fees to Northstar Counseling Center LLC in exchange for use of furnished office space, participation in referral rotation, and advertising and marketing of practice. Current office availability on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday. Potential for expanded hours as caseload builds.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within timely manner.
- Actively participate as a positive member of the clinic environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate licensure board, ethical standards, and malpractice insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements.
- Stay current with clinical research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information and maintain case files per HIPAA standards.
- Perform other duties as indicated (including but not limited to marketing, social media and blog posts, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in staff and case consultation meetings).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures, genders, sexual orientation and varying family systems
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Ability to provide necessary self-care
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
Education and Experience:
- A masters or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
- Independently licensed and willingness to become credentialed with managed care / insurance companies (current credentialing preferred)
How to Apply:
For more information regarding Northstar Counseling Center please visit www.northstarcounselingcenter.com. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to CarolAnn@northstarcounselingcenter.com.
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to provide professional references and copies of professional licenses/certificates.